Task list configuration is always ignored

Hi all

Whenever I activate the task list, every item that has a checkbox or is located inside the journal subtree in my notebook always appears together with the real tasks that begin with TODO etc. This is so, even though I have deselected “consider all checkboxes as tasks” and set “use dates from journal pages to: do not use”
It makes no difference that I can see.

It appears that I am both a fan of checklists and keep writing a journal so the many false hits that just have a checkbox but are not really tasks are clogging my task list.

Is this a known problem or am I doing something wrong here?

macOS High Sierra
Zim 0.67

Follow ups