Re: Footnotes - any workarounds? future possibility?

I would see the use of within-page linking, not so much for the purpose of
creating footnotes, but more so to direct to other sections of a page. I
realize that subpages should be created for that purpose but sometimes it
is just useful to have one larger document with everything at sight.

Regarding the footnotes: would another "reference format" be helpful? For
example you could put the author and year of publication directly in
brackets behind your statement and have a list of publications at the end.