Re: Zim alternatives?

Hello gentlemen, For the data I needed to compile and organize, ZIM worked very well initially. I like the idea of having my data in plain text format. However, after 400 to 500 pages ZIM's response time really began to slow down. By the time I had a data base of approximately 1500 pages, ZIM became so slow it was no longer practical to use. I found this to be the case with a couple of other good note taking programs that saved the data in plain text - Outwiker and Wikidpad. These programs worked well until number of pages got large (over 500). My data has only plain text with no images. Cherrytree is an excellent app except it lacks tag handling features. There is no tag cloud or tag tree view. When searching tags there is no drop-down list to choose a tag from. If you have more than a couple of dozen tags, your memory will need to be very good, especially if you have 100 to 150 tags. It is very fast though. It stores data in an SQLite database. If you don't mind having your data in an SQlite database (instead of plain text), Zotero is an excellent program. My operating system is Linux Mint Cinnamon - 18.3 Sent using Zoho Mail ---- On Sat, 23 Jun 2018 00:31:35 -0700 Gordon Zano <gordon.zano@xxxxxxxxx> wrote ---- How is that for a catchy title!? I've been using Zim almost every day (Mo-Fr) for about 5yrs. I recently wondered if there was anything comparable out there and had a look, but couldn't find anything that I preferred. A couple of candidates that are close are CherryTree and Tiddlywiki.  I gave TiddlyWiki about 30min of my time, but found it very non-intuitive and gave up.  I felt it was something for web developers!  Confluence looks OK if you don't mind the big java footprint, but it's designed for workgroups. What have you used before moving to Zim Wiki? Ever tested other products since? -- Gordon _______________________________________________ Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~zim-wiki Post to : zim-wiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~zim-wiki More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp