Re: Existing pages missing in the index

For windows there is a "portable" version available which is setup to have
all configuration in the same folder on the USB stick.

For other versions configuration would be used from the home folder every
time -- including the indexes. You could setup a shell script to run from
the USB with local environment. Have a look at the manual for an overview
of environment parameters used.