Installing Zim on the Mac

Whoever made the brew install formula available for zim gets my heartfelt thanks.

Installing Zim on the Mac is now as simple as:

brew install zim

(Obviously home-brew needs to be functional, which is easy enough, see https://brew.sh <https://brew.sh/>)

Starting Zim can be done by simply calling it from wherever brew installed (you can find out by typing ‘which zim’ in the Terminal, my case
/usr/local/bin/zim

For convenience, adding the Cellar folder that brew uses to Launchbar and indexing it makes this process even faster (if you happen to be using Launchbar, a quick launcher amongst other things).

Perhaps this information should be added to the installation page of the Zim Wiki as the most straightforward way to get zim up and running on the Mac. In its current state, the information on the webpage is not wrong but might discourage less technically minded people without a real reason.

Again, thanks to the creator of the script and sorry if this information has already been spread (the request to change the description on the webpage still stands, though)

Christoph