Selecting GTK theme in Windows installation of Zim?

Hi,

I'm using the Windows install of 0.73.2, and would be gratefun for guidance on changing the color theme. At the minimum it would be great to have a dark background for regular text. For the old Windows versions done by Brendan Kidwell I could figure out from the documentation what directory to put a GTK theme into and then what config file to modify to specify which theme to use.

For these new Windows installations, I think I've found the directory to add themes into (on my machine, 'C:\Program Files\Zim Desktop Wiki\share\themes\') but can't figure out what file will make Zim apply a different theme (I've been looking in 'C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\zim\config\zim\' and the various subdirectories of 'C:\Program Files\Zim Desktop Wiki\share\'). I even tried replacing the files in ('C:\Program Files\Zim Desktop Wiki\share\themes\Default\gtk-3.0\') with files of the same name from another GTK theme, but the colors in Zim didn't change.

What should I be doing? I noticed that there was some discussion on Reddit about how to get a dark theme in the newer Windows installations of Zim but no one found an answer.

As you can can tell I'm not a software developer and don't have any deep knowledge of how these applications are set up. I've just used Zim to organize for my own work over many years and find it an amazing tool.

Thanks for any help!

Jesse

Follow ups