Re: Selecting GTK theme in Windows installation of Zim?

Many thanks for the suggestion!
But due to my ignorance I haven't been able to get the theme applied.
I created the text file settings.ini which contains only the line gtk-theme-name = Solarized-BLACK-Blue Then I created two directories to be safe and put the same settings.ini file into both: %APPDATA%\Roaming\zim\config\zim\gtk-3.0 and %APPDATA%\Roaming\zim\config\gtk-3.0. C:\Program Files\Zim Desktop Wiki\share\themes\ contains a directory called Solarized-BLACK-Blue with a subdirectory for gtk-3.0.
But Zim still starts up with the default theme. What am I missing?

Jaap Karssenberg 於 2020/8/11 15:50 寫道:
The Gtk manual gives the following information:

There is a setting called gtk-theme-name that is read from the "settings.ini" file

On settings file:

In the absence of an Xsettings manager, GTK+ reads default values for settings from |settings.ini| files in |/etc/gtk-3.0|, |$XDG_CONFIG_DIRS/gtk-3.0| and |$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/gtk-3.0|. These files must be valid key files (see GKeyFile), and have a section called Settings. Themes can also provide default values for settings by installing a |settings.ini| file next to their |gtk.css| file.

On theme lookup:

First, the file |$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/gtk-3.0/gtk.css| is loaded if it exists. Then, GTK+ loads the first existing file among |XDG_DATA_HOME/themes/THEME/gtk-VERSION/gtk.css|, |$HOME/.themes/THEME/gtk-VERSION/gtk.css|, |$XDG_DATA_DIRS/themes/THEME/gtk-VERSION/gtk.css| and |DATADIR/share/themes/THEME/gtk-VERSION/gtk.css|, where |THEME| is the name of the current theme (see the “gtk-theme-name” <https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkSettings.html#GtkSettings--gtk-theme-name> setting), |DATADIR| is the prefix configured when GTK+ was compiled (unless overridden by the |GTK_DATA_PREFIX| environment variable), and |VERSION| is the GTK+ version number. If no file is found for the current version, GTK+ tries older versions all the way back to 3.0.

For the zim on windows, XDG_CONFIG_HOME is set to %APPDATA% /zim/config

So my best guess without testing is that if you create "%APPDATA%/zim/config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini" and set the theme name, it should be used by Gtk. To find %APPDATA% just type "%APPDATA%" in the navigation bar of windows file explorer.

Let me know whether this works. I'll put the information in the manual and maybe just make a preference setting for this.