Re: Current state of Zim as Slideshow Maker?

Hi John,
I use LandSlide from https://github.com/adamzap/landslide
It's really simple and customizable.

I've setup it as as a custom tool with this command.

/usr/local/bin/zim-to-landslide-md.sh "%n" "%p"

I've also flagged "Command does not modify data"

The shell script content of /usr/local/bin/zim-to-landslide-md.sh is this.

#!/bin/bash
TEMPDIR=$(mktemp -d /tmp/zim-landslide-XXXX)
zim --export --singlefile --overwrite \
    --output ${TEMPDIR}/zim-landslide.md \
    --format markdown "$1" "$2"
landslide -i -t ~/zim/landslide-theme \
    -q -d ${TEMPDIR}/zim-landslide.html \
    ${TEMPDIR}/zim-landslide.md
ln -f -s ${TEMPDIR}/zim-landslide.html /tmp/zim-landslide.html

It create a new temporary folder to put the output, then create (or
overwrite) the handy link to file:///tmp/zim-landslide.html, that you
can use on most browser, or share.

Best regards.
Marco.