Current state of Zim as Slideshow Maker?

Hey folks, longtime user here (maker of the 850 template)

I was wondering, are any of you actively using Zim's slideshow functionality? I'm seeking to possibly replace my present usage of Libreoffice Impress, and while there are a ton of these markdown+js tools (that all seem to be morphing into paid etc. type apps) -- I wanted to see if I could stick a little closer to home. The S5 spec seems useable, but before I dove in I wanted to see if anyone out there had any tips or ideas in this direction. I think one of my specific needs/dreams is the inclusion of images, bonus if they can be auto-resized, perhaps with a little CSS template magic or similar? Or any other ideas or tips you've run into in this direction?  (My use case is for live remote teaching btw)

John Marks

Follow ups