Re: Zim version 0.74.0 released !

[fixing from email address]

Thank you Jaap! I was able to rebuild it for Rosetta on an M1 Mac via:

	arch --x86_64 /usr/local/Homebrew/bin/brew reinstall --build-from-source zim

Please see my comments after your text (below).

I'm having some issues with the new "editing bar". First, it's using its own button chrome instead of the native minimize, maximize, close buttons.

Second, window placement and geometry is now weird. On the latter, I place zim in my lower right corner, but now need to adjust it (`-25-75` instead of `0-0`) because of the new bars:

	arch --x86_64 /usr/local/bin/zim $HOME/joseph/plan/zim/ --standalone --geometry 900x1000-25-75 &

Third, can I disable the editing toolbar on the bottom? I won't use it. I've enabled the toolbar plugin but that gives me yet another (vertical) bar to the right without removing the one on the bottom. Plus, the operation of the new "editing bar" seems slow.

None of this is a big deal, I'll stick with it for now. 🙂

BTW: The reason the button chrome is an issue is because I rely on it to tell me if the Zim window is focused for keyboard input. When I launch it with the following script, the Zim window won't have focus, and so if I type something the keystrokes go into a different app. I've added the hack to keep trying to focus the Zim window, and it mostly works, but I'm also dependent on the native window chrome to tell me the Zim window has focus.

=================

#!/bin/bash

arch --x86_64 /usr/local/bin/zim $HOME/joseph/plan/zim/ --standalone --geometry 900x1000-25-75 &

# run every half second since I don't know how long zim will take to appear
echo "0"
sleep 0.5
# osascript -e 'tell application "Python" to activate windows where name contains "Zim"' &
osascript -e 'tell application "Python" to activate windows where name contains "Zim"' &
echo "1"
sleep 0.5
osascript -e 'tell application "Python" to activate windows where name contains "Zim"' &
echo "2"
sleep 0.5
osascript -e 'tell application "Python" to activate windows where name contains "Zim"' &
echo "3"
exit 1