Modifying Latex output

Hi,
The feature I most use in Zim is exporting to LaTeX, I have templates for every type of document we publish. When Zim outputs numbered lists in LaTeX it looks like this:

\begin{enumerate}[1]

This output breaks the the enumitem Latex package and you have to go through deleting all of the "[1]" s in Latex. But, those "[1]" s serve no purpose anyway, even if you use the enumerate package that Zim's templates assume. If it simply output "\begin{enumerate}" it would work universally for both Latex packages (enumerate and enumitem) .

Is there anywhere I could modify this myself?
Can I just submit this as a feature request?

Follow ups