Re: [Ayatana] Making workspaces great (branched from "Farewell to the notification area")

The blog I made reference too will address many of the proposed
solutions here, albeit in a critical manner to root out good
solutions. I can archive the conversation in a shared google doc, with
permission from everyone involved.