Re: [Ayatana] Default to single click to open files and folders

How in the world is highlight selecting folders for copying or moving supposed to be easier on the user?

Further, what I said was "in the curren icon mode" as in, if we are going to do this, we have to rethink everything about it, not just changing open to a single click. As in, we have to rethink how we present selecting items, copying them, moving them. To just 'simply switch it' is going to make it difficult for users to use it, not easier.

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Luke Morton <luke.morton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 13:02 -0700, Tyler Brainerd wrote:
> in the current icon mode of layout, simply switching to single
> clicking is going to make other functions impossible, not easier.

That's simply not true. Everything you can do in double-click mode you
can do in single-click, including selecting a file. The method changes,
but the feature set remains the same.