Re: [Ayatana] The new default wallpaper

> Backlash? Where?
> Are we now considering the above mentioned blog as a representative of
> the whole Ubuntu community? (...)

Of course not, when did I say that?

I'm comparing the current situation with previous ones about
wallpapers that also included blogs, and I'm also considering
the size of the bug report. That said, I do admit that the
popularity boom of OMG inevitably brings some bias.

However, whether it should be considered representative of the
Ubuntu community or not is not my main point: I merely wanted
to know if the design team had something to share concerning
the decision process.

Like it happened with the window buttons, once again we have
a significative design decision pushed on the brink of the UI
freeze, without explanations or even making clear whether it's
final or not. This is annoying for documentation people and
leaves doubts whether there is a point in having a UI freeze
at all.

Vish, I agree completely with your comments on the report
about the need for objectivity and arguments instead of
subjective opinions. But that goes both ways: if there are
arguments *in favor* of the wallpaper, why not share them
before or at least not very much after it was introduced?

This is working very well for the Application Menu and the
new font.

Isn't Ubuntu a meritocracy? Properly introducing the reasons
of something new is necessary to judge its merits.

Please, I don't want to turn this into a discussion about
OMG. I even reverted the subject title change.