Re: [Ayatana] OMG!Ubuntu a bane or a boon? [was]Re: The new default wallpaper

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 5:52 PM, Martin Owens <doctormo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 2010-08-29 at 15:38 +0000, Mohammed Amine IL Idrissi wrote:
> We could all be more productive if people spent half that time, they
> > spend commenting, on something more useful.

They think they're being more productive then they are. Pointing out
failings and being critical as you say is important. But these guys tend
to be far more brutish and far less responsible with what they say.

This is the post from OMG! Ubuntu!
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/08/ubuntu-1010-default-wallpaper.html
The article has nothing brutish in it. The comments are not by the authors though.

Ayatana is a collective effort to improve the user experience of software in and for Ubuntu. It encompasses a number projects started by Canonical and is open for feedback, ideas and initiatives from the community. Activities reach from problem definition, research and conception to implementation.

I think what they did legitimate, there is your feedback, from non community members.

Which is something the CoC was designed to help with.

I don't know which CoC you are referring to here: the OMG or the Ubuntu one, but in both cases the comments made are not by the people who posted it.

For the record, I don't like the wallpaper shown in the link, not my cup
of tea.

Martin,