Re: [Ayatana] The new default wallpaper

So?
To me it just means more people are following the development of future versions of Ubuntu.

As for staying on topic about the Background (not OMG Ubuntu). I don't see anything in that post on design.canonical.com that says the background is temporary. Though I did see in the comments the only mention of the background, and it wasn't a favorable one.