Re: [Ayatana] OMG!Ubuntu a bane or a boon? [was]Re: The new default wallpaper

This reply is still going to the list because it concerns the
transparency of the design process as a whole and is not
restricted to OMG-related issues.

(in my opinion)

If you don't agree, it's going to be my last. Can you point to
another list which would be more adequate?

> UIF mention of the "documentation writers and translators" is the Ubuntu
> Docs team and the Ubuntu Translators. And not the Ubuntu Manual. And
> UIFe are granted by those two teams.

Is it? Doesn't the Docs team sometimes need screenshots too?

> Now what are we really worried about ? The UIF or the wallpaper?
> We must realize we cant have both of those. ;)

That's *exactly* my point. The way I see it, there are two
possibilities:

a) The wallpaper is final. In this case, the concerns *are*
valid and your whole point about people complaining before
knowing is moot. (there is the problem of rudeness, but this
is a separate matter to be discussed separately)

b) The wallpaper is not final. In this case, what exactly
the users are guilty of? Of trusting the UIF? Of not knowing
that the UIF is unreliable, despite the fact that there are
no mentions of that in the wiki? Yes, perhaps there was an
overreaction, but I wouldn't call "trusting the release
schedule" a "lack of responsibility".

I don't disagree that the OMG users (and some of its owners)
sometimes need a change in attitude. But shifting the entire
blame to OMG and not seeing the design transparency problems
this "hysteria" is a symptom of is a mistake.