Re: [Ayatana] Do Not Disturb vs Indicator Session

I like the idea of buffering (at least to a point) so the user can
catch up later.

I think the biggest problem to solve for "Silent Mode setup dialog" is
how to populate it. Seems notifications can come and go based on users
installing and uninstalling applications. Also I *really* use the
"Inhibit Applet" a lot to inhibit sleep mode (which I consider a
disturbance). So of course *I* would like that functionality as an
option in the dialog too :-).

Getting the right mix to make *most* people happy without it becoming
overly complex is likely a bit tricky but I think doable. What other
system notifications and actions besides screen saver / sleep mode
should be considered? How can new applications be added and existing
applications be removed from the dialog without having to rewrite the
DND functionality?