Re: [Ayatana] Do Not Disturb vs Indicator Session

Hi Walter,

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 06:44, Walter Wittel <wittelw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ability to easily switch between two (or a small few) modes (e.g. do
not disturb except for ... / do not disturb REALLY) with proper
default might get you to 95% without any further configuration.

yeah, for example
* notify me about messages from [FAVOURITES; FAMILY]
* notify me about messages from [FAMILY;]
* notify me about messages from ["type name in here..."]

that would have to be an interface.. i'd call it "Silent Mode setup dialog".
what do you think?

Perhaps Silent Mode could become something like an intelligent firewall, that detects the name and service type of each notification NotifyOSD is about to display and reroutes them to a notification buffer the user can access at any time, which is then afforded e.g. in the messaging menu shortly after Private Mode is disengaged..