Re: [Ayatana] Global Menu behaviour

I've been using a global menu in Gnome (via gnome2-globalmenu) for a couple years now. Because it doesn't work with a few applications (Firefox and OpenOffice), I have a bit of experience with trying to use the menu in two different places.

Simply put: it's confusing, mostly from a muscle-memory point of view. When using the global menu, you ALWAYS expect the menu to be in the same place. When it's not, it takes a little while to remember where it should be.

That said, I'm only one person, and I use the global menu on a small (14") laptop screen, so my experience shouldn't be taken as universally representative.

Jake

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Barry Warsaw <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Oct 27, 2010, at 05:23 PM, Oscar RdG wrote:

>I am using the global menu indicator on maverick desktop for a week now, and
>I love it. I have found out that I do not use very often the app menu so I
>like it on the panel, far from the window app, even with the small
>applications (eg. Empathy, Gwibber).

With working keybindings, I would totally agree! :)

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-appmenu/+bug/663030

-Barry