Re: [Ayatana] Global Menu on the Desktop

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 4:18 PM, Luke Benstead <kazade@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, ideally the way to get rid of that wasted space would be to not have the bar there at all. Think about it; Unity has a side bar from bottom to top, the indicator applets sit top right *exactly* where there is an open space on any maximized window. So why can't the indicator applet just "float" top-right and there be no panel between the left bar and the indicators? Any maximized window would fill the gap with the title bar. Something like this? http://imgur.com/I30k3.png

HOT. Best of both worlds for maximized and unmaximized windows. I bet the design team could do something up very nicely to make it clear that the indicators weren't part of the window. The edge maybe rounded out at the bottom?

--
--Alex Launi