Re: [Ayatana] "fileless" paradigm (was: File menu)

Hi Brena,

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 00:32, Brena Boba <brenaiboba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 In a way this seems like a switch from one form of abstract that is in use for years, little boring and repetitive but gets the job done to another, more advanced with bigger potential and bigger problems.

Please understand, nobody will remove the file metaphor entirely, we'll just have something more appropriate on top of it, if we want to.
You'll still have your cd, md, cp and mv, as much of it as you like and whenever you like!
In a thread from June this year called "Symbolic Folders", Walter Wittel addressed most of your concern with these statements: