Re: [Ayatana] Put a resize widget in the title bar

On Sun, 2010-12-26 at 02:21 +0800, Sam Spilsbury wrote:

> >> Apologies to hijack this thread - I have already got a sample
> >> implementation of implementing a resize grip area set by the theme
> >> which is larger than the borders and it vastly resolves the precision
> >> problem. It requires a patched metacity though
> >
> > now.. how would we do that then?
>
> Compile my stuff and try it? You need to tweak the themes manually though.

was just being lazy, trying to tickle a URL out of you or a tarball or
something..

> > now that compiz grid is all pretty like that, i can't wait to get my
> > hands on some physical object resistance.. so i can use the border of
> > one grid-placed window to bump against and push the border of another
> > window.. i'd need proper resize handles for that first. I for one am
> > interested in checkin thiz out!
>  [...]
> > In bluetile (thanks OmegaYear), adjacent gridded windows share 1 border,
> > so if you move it, you resize both windows at the same time.
> >

> You mean like a tiling wm kind of thing?

yeah, exactly.

> That would be kind of cool to implement. I had thought about the best
> way to do this, but it is tricky, I'd need to sit down and figure out
> the most natural way to combine a floating and tiling wm in this case.
> I've wanted to do it for some time, just, I have had no time to do it
> yet.

well i'm looking forward to whatever's coming from that side, it's a bit
like replacing a horse-carriage with a hovercraft, because compositing is so much more powerful than what he had before..