Re: [Ayatana] New idea of usability for Unity

----- "SorinN" <nemes.sorin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have "the basic subject" of Usability ;)
> In fact I still earn money from this domain on a monthly basis.
>
> About menu button ->> It's all about the user choice - Usability is
> one of the Quality domains (btw) - for some applications, some users
> never use menu entries and for some applications they always need to
> use some menu entries. Let them choose if they want to see a menu or
> not is not a breach on Usability believe-me.

That is based on so many false assumptions and false arguments it makes no sense. First it's not all about choice, second if application has menus users never use, should that application have menus at all? But that is not a problem that should be solved on a "shell" level, it's up to applications to improve their interfaces.

> Thanks for your opinion anyway.
>
> Using Close-Minimize-Maximize  buttons on the left side on the window
> top is a breach for example (if you> would have even the basic
> understanding of the subject of usability you would know why...)

It has it's drawbacks for sure, to be honest, I'm not the biggest fan, but it' not exactly a UI disaster.