Re: [Ayatana] Shiny Icons On Unity Launcher Doesn't fit With Ubuntu

On Mon, 2011-03-21 at 22:55 -0600, Ian Santopietro wrote:
> I disagree. Unity offers a very different experience (or at least they
> could, given different default settings. Setting backlights to toggle
> would clear up a lot of complaints about unity. On top of that, you
> get the aesthetic appeal of the square-ish icons and the
> usability/individuality of icons with shape.

You are mixing up my reply to a completely different thread..
There was another thread for the backlight toggle.
Backlight toggle is _not_ even close to what I was referring to, nor did
I say launcher should not use squares. :-)

Btw, using an already square icon, which fills up the space necessary
for the backlight toggling ON/OFF to be visible or the space of the
Pulse during app start to be visible, drastically reduces the chances
for the backlight to be visible.
To make the backlight visible would necessitate that the square icon be
even smaller than the allotted space in launcher, leaving dead space
just for the backlight. IMO, not a good design choice. :-)

What the launcher requires is that the launcher squares do something
similar to what iOS does for document icons. (It just snips the icon
shapes to display them as if they were on a bent paper, or whatever they
call that curve on the top.)

--
Cheers,
Vish