Re: [Ayatana] "Hybrid" (panel/launcher) top left corner button

Yes. But really, all the people new to Ubuntu 11.04 that I have seen tries to reveal the launcher pointing to the ubuntu button, rather than trying to "push" the left side, even if the animation of the launcher suggests that. For us, regular users of Ubuntu, it's obvious. For new users, we can not suppose it's obvious.

And another think I don't understand about the current design is that there is enough space to put somewhere such an useful button on the screen. Why it has to be removed? The solution proposed originally by Sashin solves both the problem of usability detected in 11.04 and the issues I claim...