Re: [Ayatana] "Hybrid" (panel/launcher) top left corner button

The current design is justified by the motivation to move the window
control buttons to the top left.
Apparently, the usability tests for 11.04 design showed that the
window controls are better on the top left, so they moved the Ubuntu
button out of that location.
Your proposal, although it would probably be very appealing visually,
would be invalidated just because of that.

I proposed moving the Ubuntu button to bottom left, but it seems
nobody liked the
idea:https://lists.launchpad.net/ayatana/msg06309.html.
I guess it's because of the Launcher orientation in the mockups... Or,
maybe there is an unwritten rule somewhere that says the Ubuntu button
must be somewhere on top left too. But see, that's the problem... Both
the Ubuntu button and window controls are "required" to be on top
left. Why?? I mean, I also like the idea of moving the window controls
to top right (both on the panel and on windows) and moving the
appindicators to a moveable dock of sorts:
https://lists.launchpad.net/ayatana/msg06333.html

Anyway, it seems this design is kind of frozen for Oneiric...