Re: Problem with 2.6.37 installation

Bonjour Charles-Michel,

Le 22/07/2011 10:56, Charles-Michel Marle a écrit :
Good morning!

just before the ubuntu installer started. But nevertheless, the ubuntu
installer started in graphic mode,
asking for the language, the country, the keyboard configuration,
my name, password, ...

But then an error message appeared, in French (I make here an
approximate English translation):

"Sorry, the installer met an error. Report it to
https://launchpad-net/ubuntu/+sources/ubiquity/+filebug";,
and asking to join the files /var/log/syslog and /var/log/partman.

It would be interesting to look at /var/log/syslog to see the failure cause.

I tried then to work in console mode (with Control-Alt-F3 or F4), but
the password I had chosen  was not recognized, I could not log in

That's normal the user's account is only created at the end of installation.

Sometimes, the installer was stuck just after the keyboard
configuration, with the mouse pointer frozen,

The mouse issue might be unrelated, it happens from time to time.

sometimes I got again the "Sorry, the installer met an error" message.
Once I even tried not to configure the keyboard, letting
the default US keyboard, with no more success.

Finally I reinstalled on my ac100 phh's latest, which works rather well:

There are a few things to try, but it would be better to do it in live if you could join #ac100 (or #ac100-fr, our private lounge with phh)

Good luck. ;)

Gilles.