Missing plymouth problem with 2.6.37

I have been trying to follow the guide in http://people.canonical.com/~ogra/tegra/2.6.37/README, using http://people.canonical.com/~ogra/tegra/2.6.37/boot-installer-2.6.37-1-ac100.img, http://people.canonical.com/~ogra/tegra/2.6.37/ubuntu-natty-netbook-2.6.37-1-ac100-rootfs.tgz and the nvflash from http://scoopr.fi/dump/linux4tegra_10.9.3.tar.gz.

I have had a couple of problems. The first is minor: the README suggests using the command

sudo LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ./nvflash --bl ./fastboot.bin --read 6 tegra_partition_6.bin --go

when this should be sudo LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ./nvflash --bl ./../prebuilt/fastboot.stock.bin --read 6 tegra_partition_6.bin --go

The second is more serious: After putting the boot image on partition 6, and attaching a USB-drive with the rootfs.tgz (formatted in ext3), upon booting there is an error message about a missing /sbin/plymouthd and /bin/plymouth.

The installer continues after this, and allows me to choose location, keyboard layout, username and password. Soon after this, immediately after a message about "configuring keyboard", the installer crashed. I am left with a blank desktop, with only access the the possible wireless networks, the sound settings, and the shutdown menu. Clicking on shutdown brings up the shutdown dialogue, but does not shutdown the device. I cannot log on to the tty consoles (accessed via ctrl-alt-F2 etc) fails, as the username/password I have just chosen are not recognised. If I shutdown the device by holding the power button, and then restart, I get the same message about missing plymouth, and the device loops around trying to start up.

I am using an ac100-10Z, and would be very grateful for suggestions. This seems to be a very similar problem to that in Charles-Michel Marle's post on the 22nd of July (https://lists.launchpad.net/ac100/msg00054.html), if that helps.

Thanks,

Alexander Lampson

Follow ups