[Question #174164]: Possible to get a CD-Rom working?

New question #174164 on AC100_enablement:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ac100/+question/174164

Is it possible to connect a external CD-Rom Drive? I use Kernel 2.6.38-1001 on a  10V (by the way: internal speakers do NOT work)
System Profiler and Benchmark shows the device under Summary as a SCSI-Disk and under Storage with the correct informations like Model, Type, Vendor and firmware version. It shows, that it is connected to scsi0, but neither /dev/sca nor /dev/scsi0 exist. How can I mount it?

AC100 Team, which is an answer contact for AC100_enablement.