Re: oneiric installation

Ho,

Am Donnerstag, 13. Oktober 2011, 14:07:58 schrieb Gilles Grandou:
> Charles-Michel Marle <cmm1934@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> > Besides, I did not notice the working of the webcam during installation.
> > I wonder how the webcam is connected to the system: the command
> >
> > lspci
> >
> > yields nothing, and the command
> >
> > lsusb
> >
> > only shows usb 2.0 root hubs, a "Standard Microsystems Corp"
> > something and a "Micro Star International" something.
> > Maybe one of these is the webcam? or the wifi?
>
> One of them should be the webcam...
>
> I've experienced the same issue on one of my ac100s. One day,
> the webcam has silently disappeared from my USB devices. It never
> came back
>
> I assume it's an hardware error somewhere, may be a faulty connector.
> As it's located right near the wifi module which is known to be sensible to
> finger pressure, it's not an irealistic possibility :p.
>
> I didn't take time to investigate the issue (it's only my dev machine, not the
> one I daily use).

mmh, I sometimes lose the 3G modem (haven't check the webcam) here. Beside hw issues,
it could also be related to some usb host paramters (e.g. xcvr_setup in
utmi_phy_config). Unfortunately, this is a bit hard to reproduce. If someone has
contant issues with that, I can prep a patch to test ...

Marc