Re: cheese

Charles-Michel Marle <cmm1934@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

Thank you for your answer. This is the output of lsusb on my ac100-114:

charles@miniLyra:~$ sudo lsusb
[sudo] password for charles:
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:2512 Standard Microsystems Corp. USB 2.0 Hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0424:2513 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0db0:3822 Micro Star International
charles@miniLyra:~$

I dont notice that a picture was taken by my webcam during installation.
I believe that my webcam was not detected.
However, it exists since it worked under android and under phh's latest.

If you're brave enough you could try to reinstall android and/or phh's image to check if camera is still here. But as webcam is known to work on oneiric (beside the specific cheese issue), and as I've experienced the same issue on one model, I'm pretty sure you have an hardware issue with your webcam.

I should try if the phh's hack for wifi could have an impact on my faulty webcam (as it's located in the very same place than wifi module), but I didn't try up to now.

Thanks,
Gilles.