Re: cheese

Charle-Michel,

On Thursday 10 November 2011 14:58:15 Charles-Michel Marle wrote:
> Le 10/11/2011 14:21, Marc Dietrich a écrit :
> > Hi Charle-Michel,
> >
> > Am Donnerstag, 10. November 2011, 08:38:53 schrieb Charles-Michel Marle:
> >> Dear all,
> >>
> >> Jani Monoses answers one of the questions I asked in my last message
> >> about the ac100 webcam.
> >>
> >> But does camorama work on the ac100 with ubuntu oneiric? It worked,
> >> better than cheese, with the previous
> >> ubuntu version (phh's latest) and I did not succeed to make it work
> >> with
> >> my ac100 under oneiric. In fact I believe that the kernel does not see
> >> the webcam.
> >>
> >> According to the page
> >>
> >> http://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Toshiba/AC100
> >>
> >> the command lsusb -v, under Debian on a ac100-117, displays the lines,
> >> among others,
> >>
> >> Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0bda:58f2 Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
> >>
> >>     bDeviceClass          239 Miscellaneous Device
> >>     bDeviceProtocol         1 Interface Association
> >>     iProduct                1 USB Camera
> >>
> >> which prove that the Debian kernel sees the webcam. On my ac100-114,
> >> with ubuntu oneiric, the command lsusb -v does not return such lines.
> >> Unfortunately, I was unable to install and try Debian on my ac100.
> >
> > it should be there, can you just try lsusb (without the "-v") and post
> > the full output?
> >
> > There may be problems with the detection of all devices. If it is not
> > detected, a software update won't help much.
> >
> > Marc
>
> Hi Marc,
>
> Thank you for your answer. This is the output of lsusb on my ac100-114:
>
> charles@miniLyra:~$ sudo lsusb
> [sudo] password for charles:
> Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
> Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
> Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:2512 Standard Microsystems Corp. USB 2.0 Hub
> Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0424:2513 Standard Microsystems Corp.
> Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0db0:3822 Micro Star International

it seems that the usb bus fails to enumerate some devices for time to time.
This could be model dependent, e.g. my 10V sometimes has problems to see the
3G modem. I tried to fiddle a bit with the bus parameters but got no positive
result.

Are you running from AC? If yes, can you please shutdown the device, remove
the AC and plug in the battery only (if it isn't already) and start again?
Does the lsusb output change?

Greetings

Marc