Re: Disable ZRAM swap in 12.04?

On 05/10/2012 11:41 AM, Jasper Taylor wrote:
On 10/05/12 10:37, Gordan Bobic wrote:
I am not at all convinced your hangs are related to zram or swap.
I'm pretty sure you're right
Fire up top in a terminal with 1 second refresh and watch the memory
usage. If the free memory suddenly drops through the floor, then maybe
memory pressure is relevant (but the root cause is still a bug in the
application).
Problem happens too rarely for that to be practical, perhaps I can get
this info logged?
Otherwise, I'd probably look at a big in the audio subsystem somewhere.
That's my worry, changing my cmdline player won't help if the new one
uses the same codec library and that's the problem

Just out of interest, you haven't tweaked the default cache size
setting on mplayer, have you?

Er, yes, on the cmdline, e.g....

mplayer -cache 1024 -cache-min 5 "http://listen.radionomy.com/dubsideradio";

can't see that breaking it tho'

And without those parameters it breaks the same way?

Gordan