Re: image changes in ubuntu quantal (12.10)

Swapiness should definitely reduced.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/103915/how-do-i-configure-swappiness

Please take in consideration that 30/512 = 6% compared with 360/512 = 70%
and  390/512 = 76%. Under this point of view if the RAM is an issue (and it
is) then the effort in order to reduce the RAM usage would be better
addressed not using the lightest but less user-friendly desktop manager
than trying to remove services and/or components that probably are not
useful for Toshiba. Toshiba it would be able to recognize and manage all
the peripherals and does not supposed to have all services a common desktop
has on board.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-linux-memory/index.html

Any common browser is practically useless on AC100:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/macbook-air-chrome-16-firefox-9-benchmark,3108-13.html

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-web-browser-lightweight.htm

Midori is the smallest one for MEM footprint based on GTK2+

But in the end those want really have a geek usable system should take in
consideration to porting this on AC100

http://distro.ibiblio.org/tinycorelinux/