asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

Re: Can we convert to a wiki format

I'll continue this top-posting thread by top-posting, even though it
gives me nasty shivers ;-). However, breaking the tradition now would
probably result in a quite messy post..

I think that the middle-button-paste is handled by Xorg and is it's
default behavior. It has nothing to do with evdaemon. Evdaemon just
clones a device and repeats it's events when the filtering is disabled
and suppresses events when filtering is enabled. It does not alter
device's behavior. So middle-button-paste works whether the evdaemon is
running/installed or not. Just like selecting text copies it to X's
clipboard.

The middle-button-paste is quite handy, but can be easily disabled with
xinput:

Disable middle-button completely:
  xinput set-button-map "evdaemon" 1 0

Map middle-button to left-button:
  xinput set-button-map "evdaemon" 1 1

Map middle-button back to middle-button:
  xinput set-button-map "evdaemon" 1 2

and so on. See xinput's manpage.

In the example above, I assumed that evdaemon's device name was the
default "evdaemon". This is however configurable via evdaemon-admin or
config-files. See the correct device name or id if evdaemon's name has
been changed: xinput list | grep id.

--
Tuomas