asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

Re: Random freezes and optional kernel parameters

My UL30a-x5 freezes like that perhaps two to three times per week and
must be rebooted. Not often enough for me to worry about it overmuch;
it generally happens after many hours of operation and does not seem
to be getting worse in any way. Thus, it's a relatively minor
inconvenience--but I'd love to get to the bottom of it.

I have toyed with the idea of compiling a custom kernel for it but
simply haven't gotten around to it. I'll move within the next 48 hours
or so from a late beta of Kubuntu Maverick to the release version--but
it did the same thing with earlier versions as well.

David