asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

Re: Power Usage

Hi!
The dpkg-divert command was failing (similiar to what happened to you in the
past - I found a posting on the web). I think I fixed it by replacing --add
with --divert (since the file had been created when I first ran the command
without rename). I followed the rest of the instructions in Part 1,
rebooted, changed to "Enhanced" but X didn't load ... at this point I went
back and changed back to "Compatible" and thankfully booted fine (NVIDIA
active).

Right now I don't have a way of booting up with just Intel ... let me know
where to start troubleshooting.

Thanks a million.
Heliel

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 8:05 PM, Heliel Morales <heliel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi!
> There's something going on with this line:
>

> *sudo dpkg-divert --add /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so*
> *--rename **/**usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so.intel
>
> *
> Is it supposed to be one long command?
>
> Regards
>

> On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 6:25 PM, Marco Rofei <marco.rofei@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
>>  1- *Changing display-settings:* Seems that I need to replace '*/lib/modules/$(
>> uname -r )/kernel/drivers/acpi/acpi_call.ko*' with '*
>> /home/heliel/acpi.call/acpi.call.ko*'  (that is my home dir and the acpi
>> folder will remain visible)
>>
>> Exactly.. If you rename your /home/heliel/acpi_call in
>> /home/heliel/.acpi_call the folder will be hide in you home.
>> Of course you can also use /home/heliel/acpi_call, it depends on what you
>> prefer. Visible or hide.
>>

>>  2- *Script?* : When you say "if you use the script" ... are you
>> referring to display-settings?
>>
>> Yes
>>

>>  3- *Symlinks* : Use ln -s ? Just to be 100% sure
>>
>> Ok [image: :)]
>>

>>  4- *Switching* : How do I accomplish booting to one or the other? You
>> mention BIOS, but all I can do there is change the IDE setting to compatible
>> or enhanced. Is this it? Compatible=NVIDIA, Enhanced=Intel?
>>
>> Exactly
>>

>>   Kubuntu should not interfere with anything (I hope). I have already
>> copied the conf files to /etc/X11and after your instructions on the above
>> will continue the process.
>>
>>  Thanks for your patience.
>>
>> Heliel
>>

>> Hope you got your asus working for about 9hrs on battery mode [image: :)]
>>
>> MR

PNG image