banking-addons-drivers team mailing list archive

Re: news on SEPA

Hi, Alexis, thank you very much for your work. It is much appreciated.

Here in Spain we have a problem that I want to discuss with all of you for
a long time, but as everyone, I have been very busy with end of year tasks
and the usual stuff, so I take now to talk about it: as other countries, we
are using *account_payment_extension* as our main module for grouping
payments and export them to bank files (up to SEPA, in SPAIN were CSB
files). But now that SEPA arrives, we are facing that if we want to reuse
community work, we have to switch to *account_banking_payment* module, that
is incompatible with *account_payment_extension*. So we need to choose one
of this bad possibilities: a) uninstall *account_payment_extension* and
loose all the payment history; b) don't install account_banking_payment and
stay as is; c) re-develop SEPA modules using *account_payment_extension* as
base.

There are people in Spain that want the choice C and have started to work
on it, but I would like to get to a common ground to avoid duplicating
community efforts, so I want to propose something: why don't we work
together on common modules that can be used for both. For example, call it
*sepa_pain*, *sepa_direct_debit* and *sepa_credit_transfer* with the
general stuff, and then make little bridge modules for each of the choices
calling methods on the other modules (*account_banking_sepa* and
*account_payment_sepa*, for instance). What do you think about this
solution? Do you think it's possible? If you want, we can work together in
a code sprint to achieve this.

Regards and Merry Christmas!