brewtarget-devs team mailing list archive

Re: Database and XML

Nah, I'm thinking something along the lines of what Beersmith does. You
can't really share your Brewtarget recipes in a similar way. Using Dropbox
or Google, it should be possible to upload individual recipes somehow (my
thinking with XML) such that you can share with the public, or with a set
of named users. I don't think Brewtarget can do the recipe website
Beersmith does, but that doesn't mean we can't provide backup and sharing.

So I guess my question is, is there a simple way to upload just a recipe in
some form to be shared? I think the other side of this is to simply backup
the database, and that should work fine with the current database
implementation, just getting it remotely to import. As an example, when we
call load(), double check to see if there is an online storage connection,
and if so and enabled, we'll check it and see if we should update. This
presents problems too, so maybe it's a choice to import the online version,
or just ignore it and backup only? I want to make this work relatively
seamlessly, such that the user isn't presented with 1000 options, but I
also want it to be flexible such that it's possible to do all of the cloud
storage fun that might be possible.

Looking for thoughts. What might be the best option(s) here?