bugsquad-mentorship-group-alpha team mailing list archive

Re: How to identify which ISO I'm using?

On Tue, 05 Apr 2011 07:56:56 -0700
Joe Areeda <newsreply@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> When filing a bug report or a mail list post, what is the best UID for
> an iso image?
>
> I've been using something like "Natty amd64 iso zsynced 4/5/2011".  I
> suppose given the international nature of Ubuntu I should use 2011-4-5
> for the date but besides that how do you unambiguously specify which
> version we're talking about.
>
> Joe

As much as possible, I use the names as specified at
http://cdimages.ubuntu.com/ , since these are the official daily
images. For example, for the desktop image,

Ubuntu natty-desktop-i386.iso
Xubuntu natty-desktop-amd64.iso

which are both desktop images. I also specify the date of the image,
rather than the date I synced the image, since the image could be from
a day or two ago.

--
Charlie Kravetz