bugsquad-mentorship-group-alpha team mailing list archive

Re: How to identify which ISO I'm using?

On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 07:56:56AM -0700, Joe Areeda wrote:
> When filing a bug report or a mail list post, what is the best UID for
> an iso image?
>
> I've been using something like "Natty amd64 iso zsynced 4/5/2011".  I
> suppose given the international nature of Ubuntu I should use 2011-4-5
> for the date but besides that how do you unambiguously specify which
> version we're talking about.

I found the following on a loopback mounted ISO in isolinux/f1.txt:

This is an installation system for Ubuntu 11.04.
It was built on 20110411.

That's the date one should use.  It might appear elsewhere when actually
running the image.

--
Brian Murray
Ubuntu Bug Master