calibre-devs team mailing list archive

Re: oeb2mobi ready for merge

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 12:45 AM, Kovid Goyal <kovid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Excellent! You have great timing, I happen to be two whole pages ahead
> of the curve on my thesis, so I should be able to integrate this over
> the weekend.

Awesome!

> I'm going to try and integrate it in a way that will ease the later
> pluginization of the converter infrastructure, though with python
> being as flexibile as it is, there shouldn't be many changes required.

I haven't (yet?) fully provided interfaces in a way which can be
accessed completely programmatically, but check out the "generic
transforms" in calibre.ebooks.oeb.transforms.  Having a well-fleshed out
OEB-centric class makes the interface for a converter step pretty much
just a function which accepts an OEBBook and mutates it in-place.  I
went with a convention where all the transforms are classes which accept
parameters in their constructors then provide an instance method which
accepts the OEBBook itself and a "conversion context" (the source and
destination renderer profiles).

Is that something like you had in mind?

-Marshall