Re: Another kind of package.

Bottom Poster!???!! Arg!  I preferred bottom-posting, but in my world, it's just not done.

Package-version as the dir name is a bit more traditional, I think.

>> As to the last issue - the idea of "useful scripts"

I added a package spec for "System tools & shared utilities" ... in where I expect all of these types of packages to install to a common /bin directory somewhere. Is that what you're thinking of?

>>  To further complicate things there is the idea of things in the PHP that script libraries like PEAR and Zend Framework...

Ah. Yes.Hmmm.

How about ...\libraries\<vendor>\<package-version> for shared 'web libraries' like PEAR.

This makes the tree (and increases the necessity for \sites , \applications and \libraries)

inetpub

├───applications

│   ├───CoApp

│   │   ├───Gallery-2.0.7