Re: What packages do you want to see?

On 5/5/2010 2:41 PM, Olaf van der Spek wrote:

> What kind of build options are we talking about?
> For some projects this might be a problem, but I think there are
> enough projects for which this will not be a problem.

Optimization flags, availability of .pdb debugging symbols (e.g. equivalent of
foo-debug linux/bsd distro package variants), etc.

For the vast majority of projects, this will be a problem, and you have to look
no further than the patch sets of any distro to be convinced.

Which means, simply, that projects friendly to recommendations are warmly received
as the exceptions, while CoApp needs to streamline itself to handling the vast
majority of non-responsive projects, or who are otherwise of other minds on the
topic of building on win32.

CoApp seeks to be one very specific way to do it.  If it happens to work for the
upstream project, wonderful :)  If not, it's open source, and when it's broke we
get to glue both pieces together.