Re: [wishlist] [future] Non-webservice fallback for repository XML + mirror requirements

Just another thought.

We're already packaging Apache, PHP, PostgreSQL, etc in CoApp already.
What's stopping us from using these packages to build our repository
servers?

All we need is a CoApp created MSI called CoApp-Repository.msi that puts it
all together using our own CoApp packages then anybody can build their own
fully functional repository server in a couple minutes.  Of course, we could
do this with C#/IIS as well but they would just have to setup some
prerequisites first.

While I like the idea of not having a database backend, we are going to
require some code on the server to allow people to submit packages easily to
the repository and for returning filtered results. There are probably some
other client/server things that we'll come up with later.  PHP/C# could do
this by using the full XML metadata on the server and then returning the
subsets needed to the clients.  Server to server replication though could be
done with almost anything.

Trev.

help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp