From: Olaf van der Spek [mailto:olafvdspek@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2011 10:43 AM
To: Tim Rogers
Cc: coapp-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Coapp-developers] First useful pkgs? (libz, libpng)

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 7:13 PM, Tim Rogers <tiroger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> By the same token, releasing early makes the assumption that
> significant portions of the software in question are believed to
> operate correctly unless stated otherwise.  We could absolutely
> release CoApp “early” in its present state, but I would only wish to
> do so with a disclaimer that we do not believe the software to be functioning properly at this time.
>

> I, at least, am not willing to promise that it won’t light your
> computer on fire if you try using it right now.  I don’t think it
> will, but I really can’t make that promise.  Nor can I promise that it
> will do anything that it is supposed to until we have had a chance to seriously look it over first.
>

> With all of this in mind, if you would like to build it yourself and
> try using the tools to construct packages and install them, I’d be
> happy to get input from test systems outside my control.  Just don’t
> blame us if the system becomes unstable.

I understand you can't release something like a RC or even a beta.
However, 1.5 years into the project, I had expected some things to be available. Like a tool to build a (native) Hello world lib to produce .lib and .dll files (not even a pkg). To some, that's already very useful functionality and it'd allow other developers to start playing with, and possibly contributing to, the coapp project.

Olaf