context team mailing list archive

Re: [Dev-luatex] Luatex 0.42.0 (a snapshot release)

Diego Depaoli wrote:
2009/7/18 Taco Hoekwater <taco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Yue Wang wrote:

In my humble opinion this is because TeX manages memory by it self...
and maybe a 64bit memory word of packed data uses twice of memory as
32bits one.... I am not sure.
It could be because web2c by default declares the integer type as
"long int" on 64-bit platforms, and that that is what makes everything
twice the size, but the --enable-dump-share argument to configure is
supposed to prevent it from doing so, so it seems something odd is
going on. Can you try to check the sizeof(integer) within a debugger?

(the 64bit linux is indeed faster than the 32bit linux on the same
hardware)
There is anywhere a benchmark file?

Not really, I just run the luatexref-t.tex document for timing tests.

Best wishes,
Taco