context team mailing list archive

Re: minimals for cygwin

Peter Münster wrote:

I have just
figured out something that I wasn't really aware of. Cygwin needs .exe
files, so simply adding a platform won't work out of the box. I need
to rewrite quite some bits of code if I want the automated scripts to
start working.

Are you sure?  No special attention was needed in first-setup.sh and
platform.sh. I was quite surprised, that "cp dir1/luatex dir2" copies
"luatex.exe" under cygwin!

If I recall correctly, the file still has to have a .exe extension
for cygwin to be able to execute it, even though it tries hard to
hide such un-unixy things. But maybe this limitation has been
lifted under the newer versions of Windows?

In the meantime it would be great to get a patch to recognize cygwin
incorporated into luatex and luatools, so that it will start working
out-of-the-box once I fix the rest.

Taco will tell if anything needs to be done about luatex binary.

Not sure about 'needs to be done', but I iirc cygwin knows
about symlinks, so a symlink from luatex[.exe] to texlua and
texluac would be more efficient than the normal win32
solution.

Best wishes,
Taco