context team mailing list archive

Re: missing executable bit

On 11/15/2010 09:03 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
(from the ConTeXt mailing list: problem with beta for linux-64; about
missing executable bit of luatex)

Strange, I do always:  cd ~/minimals&&  svn up&&  ./do_all.sh
I'll take a look at it...

There is (in bin_commit.sh):

svn add -q "$BINS/luatex/$ver_new_luatex"
svn add -q "$BINS/luatex/$ver_new_luatex/luatex"
svn delete "$BINS/luatex/current/luatex"
svn cp     "$BINS/luatex/$ver_new_luatex/luatex" "$BINS/luatex/current/"

If luatex/current doesn't get the executable bit set, my only
explanation is then that the last line forgets to copy the executable
bit along.

I can set it explicitely once again, but I would nevertheless like to
know what is going on. (I have fixed it now in repository, but it is
going to repeat next time if I don't fix the building scripts.)

You have to set the executable bit in SVN, I think.

  $ svn propset svn:executable ON luatex

Best wishes,
Taco